Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Community

Today I already had my page prepared with the watercolor. I really liked the way Bernice Hopper's Distress paints turned out so I decided to try it again only this time on top of what I already had on the page. Also, this time I put more of the paint out. I have been using freezer paper as my cover on my table and what I spread my paint on. So on my paint goes and this time I also sprayed a lot more water. I also put some left over removable tape at diagonals across the page. The paint got under the tape :-( but overall I liked the effect. What I saw was rays of sunshine that had been created by the diagonal come through of the watercolors. So that gave me the idea of putting my purple cone flower stamp on (which I had been wanting to use a stamp anyway). Then I with the sun and the flowers and the word community I began to think of seeds pouring out. While I had the paint out on my freezer paper I put an envelope on the paint. I used markers to color the flowers and I always like some white on the page so I streaked the white like streaks of sunshine. I am very happy with it!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I love the community of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Bernice. it's funny. when i looked again at this, the swirls that i drew on the envelope look like fallopian tubes with the eggs.

      Delete