Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Declaration

As with the last five days my watercolor background was already done. I decided to do the block stamp technique. I used the Distress paint by daubing it on the back of a piece of Moo stamp block and pressing it onto my already created background. I alternated the block for the background to show through. Then I was stumped. I flipped through my Letter Love journal to get some ideas. Nothing really struck me. I decided to do the sketch-fill letters. After I wrote my verse, I wrote the quote in the block and there it was...putting my declarations into the white blocks and because I love quilting I decided to set off the white blocks with black dashes to make them look sewn on. I also dated my declarations. They have served me well. I liked writing them down again and all in one place. Many of them are from personal development seminars in which I have participated. I am pleased with how it turned out. 

 

2 comments:

  1. It certainly loooks like a quilt. Fabulous page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Bernice. i realized yesterday that i put the wrong reference on the verse. got to figure out how to 'fix' it. even with as transparent as the distress paint is, it still covered the marker.

      Delete