Saturday, November 9, 2013

FuN

Today I tried using gesso with a stencil. I used a scrap booking stencil that I had already cut in half. It didn't quite fit the page so I turned it slightly sideways. Once I finished putting my gesso on with my card. I applied the gesso to the card and then applied it to the page. I dried it with my heat gun trying to not let it bubble. Once it was dry I applied Distress Ink faded jeans, misted it and then patted it with a paper towel. I didn't think it was dark enough for what I wanted to I applied the ink once more, misted and daubed with the paper towel. Still not satisfied, I just applied it directly with my fingers. (Didn't think about what was going to happen when it dried.) Finally satisfied with the color I let it sit overnight. Wanting to do something totally different and thinking about what was said in the video to not cover the background, I found some netting that I had saved. I cut it to fit each page and glued it down with Elmer's Gel glue in various places. I wrote on some medium weight card stock for the letters. I used Uniball Signo um-153 white pen for the squiggly lines and antique linen Distress Ink on top of that. I set the letters down to fit in the netting. I wrote my quote in a spiral, stamped it with antique linen and cut in a spiral. I wove the spiral into the netting. All of the other things that are written were written on the card stock and stamped with antique linen and cut to size and fit into the netting. Last but not least, to add to the fun of this page, I discovered that I had decorated it upside down and because the pages are all connected I got to leave it that way!


2 comments:

  1. I love that you take a technique and make it your own. Fabulous

    ReplyDelete