Saturday, November 9, 2013

Generosity

The technique I used today was gesso slathered on the page and then dried with my heat gun to make it bubble. Where the gesso was thin I added more. I used peeled paint Distress Ink. Today I decided NOT to use my fingers uncovered to spread the ink. I discovered some saved clear tea bags that I have really been wanting to use. So I used that as a glove for my finger and spread the ink. I dried it with my heat gun. Blotted it. Added more ink spreading it so as to catch along the edges of the bubbles. I dug into my scrap booking box today. I found some rust colored edging for my quote and also added some brads. On the matching velum I wrote my verse with a Micron Graphic 2 pen. I used the clear tea bag that I had smeared the ink with to write my journaling and also to put a couple of sprays for gold fun. I used a piece of copper metal for my title. I hand wrote the word 'GENEROSITY' backward on the metal a couple of times to get the word thick. I used black soot Distress paint to paint over the word and then dried it with my heat gun. I then used sand paper to release the letters in the word. Lastly, I used vintage photo Distress Ink to stamp the border of the page.


I really like the way the background turned out and will probable use this technique again! I can imagine just now using the background as its own stencil or stamp.

1 comment: